Monday, August 10, 2015

Weekend Shenanigans...



First things first...I hired a running coach!! I am going with Tiffany Henness of Thoroughly Thriving. She's RRCA Certified and I have followed her on her blog for a long time and appreciate that she is what she calls an "adult onset runner" (same as me!), has dealt with some injuries that kept her from running (same as me!), and has a strong focus on faith (same as me!). I had a great conversation with her on Thursday afternoon and decided to take the plunge and give it a try. I will definitely be blogging my progress as we go. I'm expecting to get my first assignments to gauge my current levels out of the way over this week and then it is full steam ahead! We will be working on building a good base so that when it comes time to implement training for my goal race (that's going to be the Citrus Heritage Half Marathon in January 2016) we are ready to do what needs to be done in order for me to meet my primary goal of showing up at the starting line feeling prepared. And a shiny new PR wouldn't hurt either. *wink*

Friday Sunrise
The rest of my weekend was a total blur of activity. It being the last 3-day weekend for me I had hoped that I would get to do something fun to wrap it up in style, so if you call a whole bunch of errands and busy stuff fun then I guess my goal was accomplished. HA! Friday morning I headed out to the mall with my hubby in tow because it was finally time to get him a new wardrobe. He's lost about 40 pounds in the past several months (I think he just decided to lose weight and it fell off overnight...the brat) and he was swimming in his clothes. He's just like most typical men and 1) can't stand the mall; and 2) can't stand shopping so I was expecting it to be a "fun" morning. But he lucked out when he got a wife that knows how to shop because we handled it LIKE A BOSS!! He stayed in the dressing room and I played personal shopper. I think we were probably in and out in about 1 hour and saved a ridiculous amount of money thanks to my coupon skills. And he didn't complain once about it taking too long or being tired, so I consider it a total success.

Hard to believe he's already a Kindergartner!
Later that night we got to go to Joshua's school for his Open House. We got to see his little classroom and meet his teacher. We're all so excited about his first day of school!! During the presentation the teacher was talking about the skills the kids will be focusing on during the year and they will learn their name (he already knows his), they will learn to count to 20 (he can count to 100), all their colors (he knows them), their alphabet (he knows them), and a list of 10 high frequency words (he doesn't know these yet). He's a little smarty-pants, so the challenge is going to be keeping him from getting bored. After that we headed to Chili's for a little end-of-summer celebration dinner.

You think he has chair lounging down to an art form yet?? LOL
Saturday morning I was up bright and early to do a SunRype product sampling for the Galloway Training group in Murrieta (about 30 minutes from me). Part of my responsibilities as an Ambassador is to share the SunRype love with other people, so this was a perfect opportunity to head out and give a group of runners the perfect post-run fuel! They loved it and it was a great morning - a little cool and overcast. There also happened to be a training group from the local running store there so they also got to share in the SunRype goodness! And later this week you all will get a chance to with a fun little giveaway. That should be released on Wednesday, so don't forget to come back then and find out how you can also Taste the Sun!

My table all set and ready to go!

What was left at the end of the sampling! 
And then of course there was this:

We are a football family, so having NFL football back on for preseason just feels so good! It's like seeing an old friend...and it just so happens that the Steelers are the hubby's team and the Vikings are mine! Nothing like a good old-fashioned showdown to start the pre-season off right.

There was also lots of little errands and tasks in there that I won't bore you to death with! What I will confess to though is a serious lack of working out over the weekend. Oops...it seems the battle of the lazy brain is still shifted to the other side and I'm not winning it yet. But I anticipate that this coming week will get me on a more serious schedule and with the help of Coach Tiffany I won't be able to slack off much longer.

What was the highlight of your weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun weekend even if it wasn't typical 'fun stuff!' The highlight of our weekend was seeing a friend of ours from out of state. He was in state for a funeral for a college friend who was in his early 30's. Given the reason for the visit, I wanted to make sure he knew how much he means to us and broke down crying like an idiot. It's important to tell those we care about how much they mean to us regardless of their relationship to you. An email/text is nice but in person is much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the coach! I hope you get your PR. I think about it from time to time.

    Nope, not football fans here. Our highlight was going to the movies. Long time since we've had an exciting weekend!

    ReplyDelete