Wednesday, August 26, 2015

#LoveBulu - Bulu Box Review...and Discount Code!


Click the picture to visit www.bulubox.com
I was thrilled to get the opportunity to review a Bulu Box via FitApproach as a Sweat Pink Ambassador*. Bulu Box is a subscription box service that delivers you 4 to 5 samples each month so you can try products out before buying full size versions. Plus you can earn rewards by reviewing the products you sample and earn points towards purchasing the products! Pretty cool, right?

*Even though I was provided a box free of charge, all opinions and thoughts are my own and I have not been compensated in any way for this post. I have been asked by FitApproach to provide an honest review of the Bulu Box and that is what is contained here.

Try Samples, Earn Points, Cash Out towards full-size purchases - it's THAT EASY!
Bulu has different types of products that are tailored to your goals - I received the Succeed at Weight Loss box. Each box includes a product card that discusses the samples that are included and provides purchasing costs if you choose to order the full sized product. Additionally, Bulu makes it really easy because they include all the products for purchase on their own site so you don't have to go searching the web for them! One-stop shopping - BOOM!


Fusion Jerky: Lemon Pepper Artisan Chicken Jerky..."offers a unique, high protein flavor experience made using real chicken and nothing artificial...is gluten-free, minimally processed and 99% fat free!" They also have beef, pork, and turkey varieties too!

What did I think of this? Oh my goodness this stuff was delicious!! I opened it and had a couple small pieces then shared with my kids and husband and we all really liked it. It was moist and so flavorful! I've seen some other chicken jerky out at the store that is basically all smushed into a little bar, so that it looks a little like a fat slim jim and I don't know...that just isn't appealing to me at all. Here, take a look at the actual jerky...

www.fusionjerky.com
Whole pieces of chicken covered in spices. Delicious!!! I made the mistake of setting the bag aside while I finished cooking dinner and I never saw it again. I finally started interrogating the family before my husband fessed up that he took it to work and promptly enjoyed every last little piece, including dumping the scraps at the bottom of the bag into his mouth. AND THEN he asked me to get him some more. So did we enjoy this? Hell yeah!! Would I buy it again? Hell yeah! Would I have purchased it without trying first? Probably not...so I'm really glad this sample was included. SUCCESS!

Simple Being Simple Website

Simple Being Simple Diet Supplement: "...features an effective 4-part blend of ingredients such as Green Coffee Bean, African Mango, Acai, and Resveratrol to promote fat burning, appetite suppression and boost metabolism."

What did I think? I will start by saying that I don't really know what a lot of the ingredients in these are or what they are for and I'm pretty much a skeptic when it comes to weight loss supplements. But I figured I could give them a try and see if I noticed any difference. I took one each day with lunch and it did seem to give me a little boost of energy and I didn't feel as wiped out by the afternoon. Would I buy them? Eh, the verdict is out on that one as I am not totally sold on the benefits. But I'm definitely glad I got to try something that I never would have bought all on my own.

RUNA Website
RUNA Tea: "Powered by Guayusa, a native Amazonian tree leaf, provides as much caffeine as a cup of coffee and twice the antioxidants of green tea." I had the Ginger-Citrus flavor in my box, but they do have a variety of flavors like Cinnamon Lemongrass, Traditional, and Mint. I really, really want to try that Cinnamon Lemongrass!!!

What did I think? I enjoyed the tea, it had an earthy flavor but was sweet enough to drink without added sugar. It is USDA Organic and all kinds of good stuff. I was a little worried that the ginger would be overpowering but it really wasn't. Would I have this again? Yeah, I would. I wouldn't say I was doing cartwheels over it (definitely did cartwheels over the Fusion Jerky though!) but if I came across it in the store I would buy it and I will definitely be actively looking to try the Cinnamon Lemongrass flavor if I can.

Movit Energy Gummies Website
Movit Energy Gummies: "...use power-boosting ingredients like guarantee, CoQ10, and folic acid to combat fatigue and help you perform your best!" I got the Citrus flavor pack and took them prior to doing some sprint intervals on the treadmill.

What did I think? I really liked the flavor of these and would totally use them again! I didn't have any stomach issues and it felt like it gave me a good boost of energy. It definitely got me through my workout without feeling like I was going to die...so I totally consider that a success! I typically use GU Chomps or Honey Stinger Energy Chews, so these are right along my alley of preferred energy sources for working out. They were a little chewier than the other two products, so I don't feel like I would like them as a mid-workout snack, but they were perfect for a pre- or post- snack.

Earth's Care Anti-Itch Cream Website
Earth's Care Anti-Itch Cream: "Relieve pain and itching associated with skin irritations such as poison ivy, sunburn, and minor cuts or scrapes...no artificial colors or fragrances and petroleum-free."

What did I think? Well, I didn't have any true cause to use this product in the last week or so, but I did rub a little on to the back of my hand so I could see how it felt. This is a nice, non-greasy lotion that has a natural smell of menthol and camphor without being overpowering. It went on nice and smooth and felt good. I would buy this and use it and would love to try it on a sunburn or bug bite. I guess it's pretty nice that I don't have either right now...but it sure would have been nice to see how it handled some itchy skin! haha

So, overall what did I think of Bulu Box? I really enjoyed the products, I enjoyed the ease of use on the Bulu Box website (and that I can buy any of the products I love right there in one place!) and I love getting samples of products that I wouldn't normally buy without trying first or knowing first-hand from word of mouth of someone I trust their opinion on. I can definitely say that I would buy and use at least several of the items included in my box, and it's pretty obvious that my family absolutely loved the jerky that we sampled! I am actually going to go ahead and do a 3-month subscription so I can get a better feel for the service and then decide if I want to continue it past 3-months.

You want to try the Bulu Box too? I totally recommend giving it a try and you can even get a discount on a 3, 6, or 12 month subscription! Just use code SWEATPINK for 50% off!! Time to #LoveBulu for yourself!

Question: Have you tried any subscription box services? What did you think?

6 comments:

  1. Glad you found items in the BuluBox that you liked! Would love to try a subscription program myself in the near future. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mentioned it on Instagram, but failed to do so in the blog post - but I'm so much a creature of habit I find the samples in a subscription box to be beneficial in helping me to explore different things and try new products without worrying about the cost of a full-sized product. It's great for adventurous and cautious people alike! Thanks for reading, Dapinder! :-)

      Delete
  2. Fun to see what you thought of your box! My box was slightly different :) My favorite product was the Quest protein powder in my box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your picture in the Fb group and was like SWEET - Quest Protein Powder!!! I've really wanted to try the Quest products so I won't say I was bummed that I didn't get the same box as you because I got the Fusion Jerky that was awesome but I certainly wouldn't have been disappointed if I'd gotten the Quest in mine. hahaha :-)

      Delete
  3. Mmm that jerky looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really so good, Alyse! You must try it!!!

      Delete