|Me Through the Years|
|The entire crew. Front Row L-R: Tasha, Brandon and baby Angelique|
Back Row L-R: Kayla (friend), Melissa, Robert, Auxi, Me, Pat, Michelle, Joshua, James
- I've been married to my high school sweetheart, Pat, since 1988 - that's 26 years this year!
- I have four kids that have expanded into an additional two through marriage, along with two truly awesome grandkids
- Robert and his wife Auxi and my grandpuppy Koko
- Brandon and his wife Tasha and my beautiful granddaughter Angelique who is 3
- Melissa and her beau, Curtis, who enjoy spending lots of time doing cool tricks on their bmx bikes while also building her photography skills (self-taught no less!) and spending time with her twin sister and being an aunt
- Michelle and my absolutely hilarious bucket-of-fun grandson Joshua who is 4 going on 15
- I have two doggies; the diva Miss Daisy (Bichon Frise) and Pepper, who actually belongs to Melissa, who is a rowdy German Shepherd
- I work full-time as an Administrative Associate for the President of our local Community College
|One of the few pictures of me at my heaviest|
So since becoming a runner back in 2009 I have completed several 5k's, five10k's, 3 half marathons with another two on the future horizon, and my first marathon in 2014. I may be somewhat stalled on the weight loss front, but I continue to work on it by finding new foods, new exercises and new ways of looking at things. I've gone from someone that didn't enjoy cooking, to someone that prefers home cooked meals.
So where exactly does Putt-Putt Runner come into the picture? It actually incorporates the childhood nickname bestowed upon me by my Dad. The story goes that my Dad worked for Mattel when I was just a wee baby and he brought home a toy wind-up train that I apparently just loved crawling around after while saying putt-putt-putt. So hence, the nickname Putt-Putt; which my Dad still calls me to this day. And now that I'm a runner I figured it was apropos to just own the moniker of being a Putt-Putt Runner. I may not be the fastest, but I eventually get to where I want to be and I always enjoy the scenery along the way!
A lot has changed in the last 5 plus years, but all of those titles - yep, they basically have stayed the same. And that's what this blog and I am about...enjoying the journey and taking who I am and constantly redefining it for the better!
Thanks for stopping in and I hope you decide to stay awhile and enjoy the journey with me!