Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Spring Is In The Air...

I'm an admitted Autumn Lover...cool(er) temperatures, falling leaves, football, pumpkin and so much more. I truly come alive in the fall


But I have to tell you that *this* time of year - right now -  is definitely on the top of my list right behind Autumn!


I admittedly work at a really beautiful campus nestled along some foothills with lots of grass and trees. And coming to work these days (at least until I get tied to the desk hahaha) is a pleasure because the sun is just starting to peek above the mountaintops, the crops that grow along the expressway are usually in mid-watering, the trees have small sprigs of green just appearing and wispy white flowers covering only part of the branches.

Absolutely glorious, I tell ya!!!

I definitely feel Spring Fever coming on!

One of my favorite Primary songs when I was a kid was "the popcorn song" and the lyrics go like this (there are hand motions that go with it too!)

I looked out the window and what did I see?
Popcorn popping on the Apricot tree.
Spring has brought me such a nice surprise;
Popcorn popping right before my eyes.

I could take an arm full and make a treat;
A popcorn ball that would smell so sweet.

It wasn't really so
But it seemed to be

Popcorn popping on the Apricot tree!

Go ahead - sing along! :-)

Oh my gosh - I found a cheesy YouTube Video of it! Check it out!



What is your favorite season? 

1 comment:

  1. Fall. Same reasons you list...fall is far and away my fave. But spring is pretty rockin' too. There is something about orange blossom perfume and blossoming trees, if I could banish the allergies that come with spring then spring might just take the lead-lol.

    ReplyDelete