Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Four Pics and My One Little Word

Has anybody ever played that app called Four Pics, One Word? It's pretty fun but that isn't what this post is about! HA! Fooled ya, right??

Seriously though, that phrase has been stuck in my head as I've been thinking about how I want to highlight updates and weekends without a boring "here's what I've done lately" recap, along with a way to keep my One Little Word for 2014: Courage at the forefront of my mind. So I figured, what better way to do that than a brief little summary attached to various pictures and something that highlights my word to cap it off??

So here it is; we'll see how it works out for us, eh? If I like it I might make it a recurring post.


I'm so thrilled to be a part of Team SunRype USA through Active! As a brand ambassador I get to share the delicious, yummy and wholesome goodness that is SunRype fruit products with my communities and fellow athletes at the various events I participate in throughout the year. I'll definitely be talking about this a LOT more this year!


I ran a little local 5k this past weekend - The Diamond Valley Lake Habitat for Humanity Marathon, Half and 5k. Oh, and I should mention that I ran it in the middle of a torrential downpour!! Seriously, some of the heaviest rains we have seen in SoCal in YEARS and it all went down during the race. But you know what? I loved every minute of it!! I ran it as part of Team MSJC (my work)...and I definitely think we can all feel pretty proud of ourselves for even getting out there and doing it. And my finish time? 34:23 which is right around my usual finish time so I'm pretty pleased with that considering the conditions! Sorry for the disguises on the rest of Team MSJC, but I didn't get their permission to post so better safe than sorry, right?


L-R: Daughter Michelle, Son Robert, DIL Auxi, and Me!
On Sunday me and my daughter Michelle headed to Disneyland to meet up with Robert & Auxi who were coming from LA. We didn't stay for a really long time, but I think we maximized our time while we were there and had a great time! Oh, and we got rained on there too...which I had hoped would keep people at home and thus make the crowds just a tad more bearable...not so much.


That's just a quick snapshot of my to-do list from today - keep in mind I've already cleared a whole lot of tasks on Monday and Tuesday! It's been busy lately on the work front, but what makes me happy is that I have a whole bunch of check marks next to those tasks. I am getting it down slowly and surely...for now anyways because you know how that goes!


What am I most afraid of these days? Well, I think I found my full marathon and I am *this close* to registering for it. I have figured out all the logistics like how I'm going to get there, where I'm going to stay and that my hubby is going with to make it a weekend getaway. And I am terrified!!!! I may not be roaring like the sound of the sun yet, but I'm getting there...


1 comment:

  1. You are brave! You can totally do it! Go ahead and sign up and get it off of your bucket list :). You are such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete