|Click on Image for Website|
- I'm already on Week 6 of my latest half marathon training plan! It's going so quickly...this is for the Avocado Half Marathon that will be at the end of May. It looks to be a very challenging course and end of May with the weather we are having so far may mean a very hot race. I can't say my training has been spectacular on the long runs, but I'm confident that with some plan tweaking I will be ready for it as much as possible. But I definitely can't skip or shorten any more from here on out!
- Speaking of weather - we apparently decided to skip Winter altogether here and jump right into late spring, early summer. We've already had multiple 90 degree days and I'm even out running in t-shirts and shorts at 4:00 AM!! Crazy, I know...but I'm not complaining (yet). I just hope it isn't indicative of an overbearingly hot summer. *fingers crossed* I mean, take a look at this picture from just last week:
|I'm sorry...try not to be jealous.|
- One of my daughters who has always kind of flirted with the idea of running, but has never committed to it has actually begun!!! We've been doing the Couch to 5k plan and she's already on Week 2 Day 2 tomorrow morning. I actually didn't make her (relative term...I'm not "making" her do it period, but I didn't go out of my way to get her up and moving...LOL) do it a couple of days and she got upset with me - so that was my first indication that she's truly serious about it. She's hoping to run her first 5k right around her 21st birthday in mid-May which also coincides with her completing the 9 week program. I'm so proud of her and can't wait until we can run a race together!
- And kind of separate but along with that, my hubby has been taking walks with me in the evenings in the hope of being able to run with me someday. He does have some physical limitations that make it more difficult, but he's trying and that's totally awesome! It's going to take awhile to build up to it, but we all know, a journey of a million miles starts with one step. We have already gotten him his first new running outfit of shorts, shirt and shoes. I'm so proud of him too and can't wait until we can possibly participate in a race together!
- I haven't made an official announcement on the ol' blog, but I was officially invited back to be a member of Team SunRype for 2015! I'm so excited to continue representing this brand and feel like this year will be even better as I know what to expect now.
- And I've saved the absolute best for last: I took what felt like a really ridiculous long-shot when I filled out the Ambassador Application for Skirt Sports. Since submitting it several weeks ago I've expected to see the "Thank you for applying, but..." message pretty much every day. So when I saw the email from the Ambassador Coordinator I didn't even look at the subject line and jumped right in to the actual message so I could just read "Thank you for applying, but..." when lo and behold imagine my surprise when it actually said "Dear Skirt Sports Ambassador," I mean, like WHOA!!!! I'm truly amazed that I've been selected to represent what is a really awesome brand. This company was formed by triathlete Nicole DeBoom because one day as she was out running around town she caught her reflection in the mirror and thought "I look like a boy". She wanted to feel like her pretty, fierce, and feminine self when she was out running so she went ahead and created her very own running skirt prototype. Three days after wearing her first running skirt during a triathlon she created her company. Since then they have done so much to create programs, clothes and a mentality of Real Women, Real Bodies, and Real Inspiration. Like, seriously, what's not to love about that?!?!?
Oh wait, there's MORE!! Okay, so then you throw in a partnership with none other than Katherine Switzer - as in the Katherine Switzer that was the first woman to run the Boston Marathon, as in the Katherine Switzer that almost got attacked and drug off of the race course by Jock Semple, the then race director. YEAH, THAT KATHERINE SWITZER!! They have created an entire line of clothes and a race around 261 - Katherine's bib number in that race.
Background image from katherineswitzer.com
And what this means for you guys is that over the coming year I'm going to have some awesome giveaways (!!!) and discounts (!!!) for you so that you can also experience some absolutely amazing Skirt Sports products! I know, it's too good to be true, right?!?
I feel like life is just full of so much good stuff and I'm super excited to share it with you guys! I'm thrilled that two different companies that are so different, yet both have such high quality products, have entrusted little ol' me to share their goodness and mission with others! More to come...