Thursday, December 11, 2014

Thursday Randoms...

Ahhh...a caught up Bloglovin' feed = a happy girl!
I get way too much joy and satisfaction over catching up on my Bloglovin' feed. Seriously...it is like I think it is my job or something and I've just accomplished this monumental task that took FOR-EV-ERRRR and was so super-duper important that everyone should cheer when I finally hit that "Mark all as read" button, then refresh and it still comes up as all caught up on my reading. Speaking of, you can follow my rarely-published blog on Bloglovin' here or by using the button on the sidebar. (That's what is called a shameless plug...)

Speaking of shameless plugging, I have found that I have a very difficult time doing so. I read a lot of blogs (yeah, see item above) and one thing that is fairly consistent in the ones that have oodles of followers is that the author has no problem whatsoever saying "hey - follow me on TwitterFaceGram, you won't be sorry you did!" But me on the other hand, I have all of those things and I have the hardest time even asking my close friends and family to check them out. What the heck is that?? Some misplaced sense of humility or something. But just in case you're interested and I'm in the mood for shameless plugging, here's my feeds for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. You can also follow me on Google+ over on the sidebar.

Found this on Google Images...Is that not hilarious?!?!

Speaking of humility, several coworkers complimented the boots I was wearing the other day and I politely said thank you, but at the same time I was somewhat embarrassed that anyone mentioned them because I felt like they were too flashy or something because people actually...GASP!...took notice of them in a nice way. I did the same thing when my husband got me my upgraded wedding ring several years back. I actually hid it behind my back when I would talk to someone. That's just so silly, but at the same time I can't help it. I don't know where it comes from; it's just kind of who I am I suppose. Which is probably also why I'm a horrible blogger - I never think anyone could possibly care about what I have to say or what is rattling around in my grey matter.



I'm currently totally obsessed with the Serial Podcast. Have you heard of this amazing thing yet??? If not, and you're a fan of true crime stuff, you are missing out and need to get caught up ASAP.


So the title doesn't refer to serial as in Serial Killers, but Serial as in a story told week by week; it's a new episode each week detailing a different part of a crime that happened in 1999. Here's what the Serial website says about it: Serial is a new podcast from the creators of This American Life, hosted by Sarah Koenig. Serial will follow one story - a true story - over the course of a whole season. We'll follow the plot and characters wherever they take us and we won’t know what happens at the end of the story until we get there, not long before you get there with us. Each week we'll bring you the latest chapter, so it's important to listen in order, starting with Episode 1. If you need help knowing how podcasts work and how you get one, watch our tutorial.

It is absolutely mesmerizing. I have been sucked down a rabbit hole. I basically binge listened to the first 10 episodes because I didn't find out about this little gem until I read an article in Entertainment Weekly magazine. It's funny, because almost about the same time I was reading it in hard copy format, I get a text from my oldest, who is living in Japan, saying he heard about this new podcast in the electronic version of EW that sounded really cool and that he had just downloaded the first episode. HA! That kid - he is definitely mine. So he started listening, his wife started listening, and I started listening. And let's just say that the text messages between here and Japan have been flying ever since. It's been a good rabbit hole to get lost in and I've thoroughly enjoyed listening to the story. I still don't know if the guy actually did it as I vacillate back and forth minute by minute. And its really made me think about our judicial system and how it works. Maybe I'll talk more about that in a different post as this one is already getting a little long as it is.

My final random for today is that I understand how beneficial Greek-style Yogurt is to a healthy lifestyle - I mean, all that protein!!! OH MY! But, honestly, I haven't liked the flavor of Greek Yogurt at all...until now. I have found my dream Greek in Yoplait Greek Yogurt. It has the thick, creamy texture and slightly tangy flavor of other brands of Greek, but it also tastes pretty darn good with absolutely no additional ingredients added by me. I realize that it may not be as healthy as other Greeks, although I haven't actually researched it so I'm just guessing on flavor alone - but if I can't stand the way other Greeks taste so I dump a bunch of stuff into them to make it more palatable, but I can eat Yoplait Greek as a standalone, then I prefer to go with the Yoplait even if it might have a slightly less healthy profile, which again, I don't actually know if it does. It might just taste so darn good that it seems less healthy for all I know since I'm not a nutritionist and don't play one on TV. (And no, I have not been paid or compensated for this in any way, shape, or form. I just happen to really, really like it a lot).


Is there anything that you get unreasonable satisfaction from completing like I do with my Bloglovin' feed? Do tell...Do tell!!

3 comments:

  1. Honestly, I get enormous satisfaction from having the house clean...because it happens so rarely. Just don't open my office door. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is certainly something I can understand and relate to! I have a ton of ceramic tile in my downstairs and I get a ridiculous amount of satisfaction from the 10 minutes they are clean when I bust out the Hoover All-Terrain Floor Cleaner. It is like Serenity Now!!! :-)

      Delete