Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Mawwiage...


It's what bwings us togevah today. Man, I just absolutely love that movie!! One of the best ever made...

And mawwiage is what brings us together today...in fact, it is 26 years of marriage!!! Yes, I was 5 when I was married as it couldn't be possible that I have been married for 26 years, right??? Right.

Marriage is an interesting thing. Bringing two people from different upbringings and making them a new family. Taking each person's strengths and weaknesses and blending them with another's. It certainly isn't always an easy thing, but boy, it sure can be rewarding!!

I love the marriage vows and what they mean: For better and for worse; through sickness and through health; for richer, for poorer. Truer words could not be spoken because marriage really IS all of those things more often than not. And when you take those vows seriously, true magic happens.


Twenty-six years ago today I joined my life with my husband. I don't think he was my best friend at the time - although I was awfully fond of him. LOL But, honestly, I don't think I understood what a true "best friend" was. But over the years he has shown me what that means. And I can honestly say that he is my other half, my best friend, my soul mate. He hasn't always been, and there's some days I question my sanity...but at the end of the day I know that I have a rock solid foundation that I can lean on through the good and the bad.

When I reflect on the fact that I've been with him way longer than I've been without him I am kind of amazed. I never really think I thought that would be true; and the fact that we are still together I owe to him. He fought for us during times I wasn't willing to; and vice versa. One of the best lessons he taught me was that marriage was something worth fighting for even when it doesn't seem like it is or ever will be. It is through those struggles and fighting for a future that isn't yet arrived that the magic happens. We are a team in every sense of the word and I can't possibly imagine my life without him.


Happy Anniversary, My Love!!! We will be together until the end of our days and for that I am more grateful than words can even begin to express. Thank you for our love. It is precious and it is good.

In the overly cheesy words of Jerry Maguire, "you complete me".


Cheers to many more years!!!


1 comment: