Monday, April 6, 2015

The Weekend

I had a great weekend!! The weather was perfect, the days were long, and my time was a perfect mix of active and relaxation. The only bad part was I should have done some homework, but I just couldn't bring myself to even sit still in front of the computer for a moment. Oops...

Here comes the weekend in photos:

I was a little worried that I waited until the last minute to do my Easter shopping, but it actually wasn't that bad when I went on Friday afternoon! Of course it didn't hurt that I had a Valencia Orange Refresher from Starbucks to keep me going.

Took a walk in the evening with the Hubster and saw a pair of Canadian Geese hanging around...he was definitely playing the doting mate there and was very watchful of his lady swimming while he stood guard.

Headed out early enough on Saturday morning to catch the tail end of the Lunar Eclipse. I always wish the camera would capture what we actually SEE, but that's the best I could do. You can just barely see the little chunk missing out of the bottom. It was pretty freaking cool though, lemme tell ya.

And if I was out early enough for the eclipse, then you know that means I also got to see the sun come up and it didn't disappoint!

#chasingeverysunrise

I headed out for an easy nine miles...HA!! As if easy and nine miles actually went together in a sentence...but I was sporting my new Skirt Sports Switzer skirt (get your own at www.skirtsports.com and use SSPQL20 for 20% off!!). I loved that my skirt matched my Mizuno Riders and Garmin Forerunner 220 (not pictured) so nicely because nothing makes nine miles easier than feeling like you look good while you're doing it! :-) I love the reflective detail on the leg of the skirt, you can see the 261, but just below that it says fearless. LOVE!!! This was my first time wearing this particular skirt and I have to say that it was perfect...the shorties underneath didn't ride and it was super comfortable all around.


Got a new step record on Saturday thanks to that nine mile run in the morning followed by grocery shopping and egg coloring and all that fun stuff!

Here comes the obligatory egg dying picture - the kids had a blast and it didn't take them long at all to decorate all three dozen eggs! By the time I sat down I got to do ONE egg. hahaha (Not that I'm complaining, it's for the kids anyways and I usually only do a couple.)

L-R: Angelique (3), Michelle, Melissa & Curtis, and Joshua (4)

Gee, I wonder who dyed this egg?? ;-)
And....they're off!!! They are both at such great ages (4 and 3) it was a total blast. We have several parks throughout our neighborhood so we utilized this one just down the street from us in a cul-de-sac. It was perfect!! Small enough to not be overwhelming, but large enough to give them both plenty of room to run around without tripping over each other.

All in all, it was a fabulously blessed weekend of fun and family!

How was your weekend and is your egg-hunt tradition indoors or outdoors?


No comments:

Post a Comment