Wednesday, November 14, 2018

My First Skirt...


I'm a firm believer in clothes make a person. Not so much that everyone should be strutting around wearing designer clothes that cost an arm and a leg, but in that when you wear the right outfit for the occasion it can totally MAKE that occasion. Imagine if a bride showed up for her wedding in a bath robe, she probably wouldn't exactly feel like she was getting married, right? For example, I'm sure that when a Doctor puts on that white lab coat that they FEEEEEEEL like a doctor. Or when the Police Officer puts on their uniform that they get in "police officer" mode. Sure, they are still doctors or police officers without the clothes, but you see what I'm getting at here, right? When they put on those things that are very much the right clothes for the occasion, it puts them in a certain mindset. I know when I get dressed for my job and I am wearing a skirt, heels, accessories - I am more apt to act like an office professional than if I was sitting here at the desk in my yoga pants and tee shirt.

I believe the same is true when it comes to working out. Not only is it important to have clothes that will meet the form and function requirements of a workout, you want something that is going to give you that extra bit of OOMPH that will help keep you going when the workout gets tough. I know that when I feel like I look good while I'm working out, I try a little harder. It's like putting on the uniform and knowing that they are the right clothes for the occasion and now it's time to get them sweaty! LOL



But for someone that also enjoys feeling like a girl and enjoys how much more power I have when I'm fierce AND feminine, finding the right clothes for THAT job can be tough sometimes...that is until I got my FIRST SKIRT!!!


That is my very first Skirt Sports skirt right there and it changed the way I looked at workout clothes! I had just become a runner and was still buying my workout clothes at Walmart and was never quite feeling like they fit right, felt right, or made me feel pretty! I was getting lots of colors and styles, but it just wasn't doing the trick. I still felt all frumpy and like the parts I really wanted to "hide" were way too much on display! (Raise your hand if you're feeling me on that one. hahaha)

But then I saw a special Active Advantage deal to get 50% off of a running skirt with Skirt Sports. I hadn't heard of Skirt Sports and really didn't know that running skirts even existed, but as soon as I checked out the deal and saw those hot pink shorts under a black skirt I knew I had to have it!!! I mean, come on, form, function, feminine AND something that offered some decent coverage while also allowing me to not be covered from head to toe in hot, sweaty clothes through a SoCal summer??? Yes, Please!!!

My first skirt in action at the Menifee 5k!

And that's where my love affair with Skirt Sports began...but it certainly isn't where it ended! I purchased that first skirt in probably 2010 and it is a precursor to the Gym Girl Ultra, called the Kickstart. A thigh slit on the right side to show off those hot pink shorties that don't budge, flattering black, perfect length, and pockets on both legs. Absolute PERFECTION!! And imagine my happiness when I realized that they didn't just have awesome skirts - they also have capris and shorts and tops and bras and so much more!

I consider myself a true convert - I never would have imagined that I could feel feminine while pounding pavement, or that I could go from run to breakfast or errands and be perfectly okay with it! Never mind that I could wear my workout clothes to my office job on casual Friday and feel like I'm not just looking the part, but wearing it well! Finding my first skirt has led me to feeling like a different person when I workout - I'm not wearing the uniform of a gym rat, I'm wearing the uniform of a fashionista that just happens to also be running in clothes that have fit, form, function AND style!

If you want to fall in love with Skirt Sports too, use code 344GRIM for 15% off at skirtsports.com.








No comments:

Post a Comment